Sea to Lake Quad & Side X Side Tour
|Event Category||Event Type|
Friday, 18th - Sunday, 20th July 2014
Burts Farm, Mimiha Road, Matata
Western Bay Of Plenty
Signposted from the Matata Straights at Mimiha Road about 5 Km North of Matata.
|Greg ||Ph: 0274 454 429 |
|John ||Ph: 07 322 2371|
John Burt Two Day Tour
John Burt (of Matata fame) is putting on another Quad and Side X Side Two Day Tour encompassing thousands of acres from the coast at Matata to Lake Rotoiti. This will be a fantastic opportunity so see some countryside you would not normally have the chance to see.
Starting at Matata (on the east coast pristine white sand beach) on Saturday 19th July, the course travels west through farmland, forestry blocks and back country native stands. John has been scouting the course and promises some new trails and tracks on the way to the private farm on the shores of Lake Rotoiti where you will be camping.
Sunday is a further ride through to Tarawera Falls where there are amazing views from mountain tops, hidden valleys and more. A real treat to not normally accessible areas.
The format is thus:
- Friday 18th July– Afternoon: Drop Quads/Side X Sides off at Matata where they will be securely housed overnight. You then drive to Lake Rotoiti (only an hour and a half by road direct) and set up camp. You need your own camping facilities as the camp is on a farm airfield. Motorhomes, caravans, tents, vans, etc are all welcome.
- Saturday 19th July – Morning early: Cooked Breakfast provided: Transported by bus to Matata for the start. Saddle up and get ready for the start.
- Saturday 19th July – Day time: Pick up packed lunch and ride the Sea to Lake ride guided by John himself. Greg Power and others will be providing back up and support.
- Saturday 19th July – Evening: Full cooked Dinner and gossip time – bring your own supplies of liquid refreshment for a great evening of entertainment.
- Sunday 20th July – Early Morning: Full cooked breakfast before picking up your packed lunch and riding the surrounding countryside of mountains and valleys.
- Sunday 20th July – Afternoon: Pack up and head home.
COST IS $290 PER RIDER (PASSENGER IN SIDE X SIDE $90)
Please register your interest.